FYI: Online availability is based on 4 night minimum stay, please text or email for shorter periods
Reservation & Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Reservations can be made instantly online or by email or phone. Under all circumstances it is the responsibility of the guest to review all of our policies. Securing a reservation with your deposit, means that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of our policies.
Please do not make a booking with us unless you agree with our policies.
A 50% deposit of the total room cost is required within 24hrs to secure your reservation, the balance is to be paid 4 weeks before arrival. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation email that outlines a summary of your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require any changes. This email will also include important information that we urge you to read to ensure your stay at the apartments is issue free.
Maximum guests occupancy must not exceed 6 Adults and 4 children, unless otherwise agreed. If undeclared extra guests are present on arrival a $100 fee will be charged for every extra person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy below. Securing a reservation with your deposit means that you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy.
All Notification regarding the booking must be in writing either facsimile or email and confirmed delivery is the responsibility of the Guest.
Late check out policy:
Late check out is available at no extra charge until 12 midday, upon request, subject to availability.
Late Check out after 12 midday until 10pm attracts an additional fee, upon request, subject to availability.
Standard check in: 3pm (15:00)
Standard check out: 10am (10:00)
We advise that all of our guests purchase Travel Insurance, which is generally inexpensive, but can really save a lot of emotional distress if an unforeseen event occurs. We recommend your travel insurance will cover you for airline flight and accommodation cancellation especially during the cyclone season. We also recommend you are covered for accident, illness, medical evacuation and theft.
We understand that circumstances may arise where you need to cancel your reservation. Should this occur, as Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments is a small establishment, the following cancellation fees will apply:
* For cancellations made between 0 and 30 days before the arrival date: A penalty equal to 100% of total stay will be applied.
* For cancellations made more than 30 days before the arrival date: A penalty equal to 50% of the total stay will be applied.
* We do not issue refunds or credits for flight modifications & cancellations, due to any circumstances. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against flight changes and cancellations.
Fully Pre-Paid "Hot Deal" Bookings are subject to a No Cancellation/Refund Policy, under all circumstances.
Cancellation by owner:
Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments reserves the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error. In such circumstances you will be given a full refund but we shall have no further liability to you arising out of such cancellation.
* If there is a change in dates which shortens the original booking, the original booking cost will still apply.
* Any changes to extend the booking, utilising the original dates booked, will not be penalised.
* Changes in dates, which do not utilise the original dates booked, will be treated as a cancellation and will be subject to the cancellation policy above.
* There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts.
No-shows are subject to a penalty equal to 100% of total stay
* No cancellations are accepted on the day of arrival or after check in. You will be charged the total of the reserved stay under all circumstances.
* No cancellations or refunds accepted in the unfortunate incident of unforeseen circumstances such as: death, accident or illness, fire, cyclone, all or any other natural disasters. Please take out Travel Insurance to protect against these types of unforeseen events.
The assigned date which calculates the notice period is specific to notification prior to 5.00pm CST of any day, after which the following day will be the assigned date. All notification must be in writing either facsimile or email and confirmed delivery is the responsibility of the Guest.
All payments and refunds are processed either by direct deposit or via PayPal. Credit card payments and refunds are processed via PayPal to protect both parties. Any applicable refund payments are to be returned to the same account and payment method used as the original transaction.
Other Property Rules:
1. Pets: small to medium pets permitted - must be advised upon booking.
2. To avoid excess cleaning charges the apartment must be left in a clean and tidy state with all rubbish and left over food items removed from the apartment upon departure (with the exception of pantry food items).
3. The use of the BBQ is subject to the following condition: that the BBQ be left in a reasonably clean condition after use so that all guests may enjoy a clean BBQ.
Excess cleaning charges:
If excess cleaning is required after departure, for eg: soiled/stained lounge suite and or carpets, a $250 cleaning fee will be charged to your credit card on departure. The cost to repair and replace any breakages and damages to the property and its furniture and fittings, will also be charged to your credit card on departure.
Lost and Found Policy:
Our cleaning staff are advised not to keep undergarments for more than 24hrs (for hygiene reasons), other clothing items are kept for 48hrs and miscellaneous items such as telephones and sunglasses are kept for 5 days.
If you lose any items or leave them behind, please contact us ASAP.
Arrival and departure information, for 24 hr self check in/out, is emailed upon payment confirmation. It is the responsibility of the guest to supply the correct email address to receive this information. Guests are expected to read this information and take note of what is required. Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments will not issue any refunds or credits if guests cannot access the property due to lost, forgotten or misplaced information. * There is no reception at this property.
Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments and its employees do not offer any refunds and shall not be liable for any damages caused mentally or physically as a result of, or in connection with:
* COVID-19 or any other pandemics.
* Any delays or cancellations. In the event of a traveler becoming ill during a vacation, or having to cut their vacation short, all hospital and medical expenses are the traveler's responsibility.
* Any illness or other event due to consumption of food items left behind by previous guests.
* Costs, evacuation or inconveniences caused by a tropical storm or cyclone.
* Monetary crises, social unrest, political problems, economic changes, electrical outages due to weather, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties, for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment, of any nature or kind whatsoever resulting from events beyond our or a supplier's reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of Nature (cyclones), flight cancellations or changes, strikes, labor disputes, lockouts, threats or acts of terrorism, acts of war or declared war, cyclones or weather conditions, diseases or epidemics/pandemics, novel or unexpected conditions and local laws.
* Absence of travel documents, visas, passports, health certificates where required. Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments is not responsible for advisement of travel and entry requirements.
* Loss of items, or for losses incurred during the reservation.
* ALL BOOKINGS MADE AFTER THE 28 MARCH 2020 ARE STRICTLY SUBJECT TO THE ABOVE POLICY.
Exception to our standard policy, only for bookings made prior to 28 March 2020, in response to COVID-19.
Credit Voucher Policy Terms & Conditions**:
Credit vouchers are based on the original booking, equivalent value of the total amount paid, and are subject to a 25% administration/re-booking fee.
Credit vouchers are for the same property as the original booking only.
Re-booking of your stay will be subject to availability of the property at the time of re-booking.
Credit vouchers are valid for the 12-month period as stated on the credit voucher and are not redeemable for cash.
Credit vouchers are not transferable. Credit vouchers are redeemable only for accommodation.
Tariffs are subject to change and the Guest must pay any tariff increase.
Cancellation of accommodation booked using a Credit voucher is final. No refund or replacement Credit voucher will
be issued. No refunds or credits will be issued for early checkouts or No Show.
Credit vouchers must be redeemed in full on a single booking. No refunds or reimbursement of any un-used value.
All new bookings are non-refundable and the total booking amount, less any credit voucher, is to be paid in full within 24
hours of booking request by direct deposit or credit card (add 3.5%).
All new bookings must be requested via email correspondence to email@example.com not via Booking.com, other
websites, text or messaging platforms. All Notification regarding bookings must be in writing either facsimile or email
and confirmed delivery is the responsibility of the Guest.
This policy is subject to change. Darwin Waterfront Escape Holiday Apartments reserves the right to cancel or modify
the policy at any time.
**All current bookings are classed as confirmed and no credits are offered unless advised via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
If border and flight restrictions have not changed 48 hrs before your travel date, your booking will automatically be treated as cancelled and a credit voucher will be emailed (most likely to occur). Your booking will be marked as a "NO Show" on the date of arrival, which will cancel the booking online.
If you choose to cancel your booking online, earlier than 48hrs prior to arrival, you will not receive a credit voucher.
We advise guests to contact their travel insurance company if they prefer to cancel their reservations before our Credit Voucher Policy comes into effect.